Birds Group is a conglomerate of a number of companies under the unified command of a Corporate Board of Directors while each individual company is independent to run its specialized areas of business. Each company has its own license from the respective Local Government Bodies and is registered with the relevant Departments of the Government of Bangladesh for doing business in their specialized areas.
Birds Group currently comprises the following companies :
- Civil & General Constructors Ltd. (CGC) : Construction
- Luba Prokaushali Sangstha Ltd. (Luba) : Trading
- Birds Air Transport Ltd. (BAT) : Training & Export of Manpower
- Birds Garments Ltd. (BGL) : Export of Woven Garments
- Birds Garments Ltd.-Unit 2 : Export of Woven Garments
- Birds Apparels Ltd. (BAL): Export of Woven Garments
- Birds Fadrex Ltd. : Export of Woven Garments
- Birds A & Z Ltd. : Composite Knit Industry
- Birds RNR Fashions Ltd. : Export of Fashions Garments
- Khalifa Apparels Ltd. : Export of Woven Garments
- Birds Associates Ltd. : C & F Agents
- Mag’s Eco Earth Ltd.(MEE) : Agriculture & Tea Estate
- Runner Cyberlink Ltd. (RCL) : Information Technology
- ATCO International: Trading
- ECOBIT Limited. : Eco-friends products
Headquartered at 9/9, Iqbal Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207 Birds Group is headed by Engr. Mustafa Anwar as its Chairman. Engr. Mustafa Anwar is the Vice Chairman of Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd. and is connected with different socio – economic organizations of the country.
The Directors of the Corporate Board of the Group are educated and experienced in the line of their professions. Mrs. Najma Begum B.A. (Hons) of Dhaka University, a Director of the Group is a member of the core body of management.
Mr. Najmus Shahriar Saadat Anwar, who heads the Textile Industry as Managing Director is an MBA.
Mr. Shaike Manjur Al Majid (Mukut), Director of the Textile Industry is in-charge of Marketing of Garments while Mr. Akhtaruzzaman (Bablu) another Director of the Group oversees Production in the factories.
Mr. Eakub Ali Khan, BSS (Hons), MSS, LLB of Dhaka University, a Director of the Group looks after Legal Affairs of the Group and Agriculture & Tea Estate of MEE. Mr. Khurshid Anwar, B.Com, a Director of the Group takes care of training and export of Manpower of Birds Air Transport Ltd.
Mr. M. A. Aziz, B.Com (Hons), M.Com of Dhaka University and trained in Advanced Management from Railway Accounts Academy Quetta (Pakistan), Institute of Research & Development, Bremen (Germany) and Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata (India) manages the affairs of Luba Prokaushali Sangstha Ltd. and ATCO International while belonging to the Group as a Director. Mr. Md. Altaf Hossain Masud, Director of Finance of Birds Group, is an FCA.
As mentioned earlier each unit of the Group is an independent entity managed by qualified and experienced professionals, the Group’s collective strength is resorted to whenever necessary, be it a management decision or financial support, in response to a specific need of a unit. Birds Group turnover, as a whole, hovers around US $70 million a year.
- Engr. Mustafa Anwar, (Chairman)
Mobile : +88-01711538132
- Mr. N. S. Saadat Anwar, (Managing Director)
Mobile : +88-01711561826
- Mr. Eakub Ali Khan, (Director)
Mobile : +88-01712242632
- Mr. Shaike Manjur Al Majid (Mukut), (Director)
Mobile : +88-01711529937